Nick Bond is a software developer fascinated by front-end technologies, data visualization, and design.
He is passionate about collaborating with developers and designers to build exceptional products.
Front-end Developer Co-op at Datawheel
January - May 2018
- Built a public facing React web application for Verizon that allows users to explore data through interactive visualizations.
- Designed and implemented an improved customer on-boarding experience for Macro Market, a platform for companies to advertise products and raw materials for sale.
Technology Director at Scout Studio
July - December 2017
- Provided guidance and mentorship to student developers building websites and mobile applications for clients.
- Led code reviews and met regularly with clients and developers to ensure the quality and maintainability of software.
- Discussed company needs with clients to determine technical requirements and select appropriate technology solutions.
Software Developer Co-op at Ronik Design
January - July 2017
- Worked full-stack to implement new features and develop solutions to bugs in TakeShape, a content management system,
API generator, and static site generator.
- Collaborated with designers to build rich, dynamic UI’s with React and Redux.
- Utilized the Serverless Framework with AWS to grow and maintain TakeShape’s infrastructure.
Software Developer Intern at ClassForward
August - December 2017
- Refactored front-end from jQuery to AngularJS on ClassForward, a video-based platform that allows teachers to share classroom videos with coaches.
- Designed and implemented new features in ClassForward, including a tool that allows coaches to record and share audio messages with teachers.
Software Developer Co-op at Vistaprint
January - July 2016
- Recreated legacy internal tools as modern Node.js and .NET web applications.
- Conducted interviews with software developers to determine requirements and design internal tools.